Greater Latrobe Partners in Education Foundation(GLPIEF) board members Kayla Sutton and Karen LaPresti recently presented $8,141 in teacher grants to Greater Latrobe School District faculty and staff.
Celebrate Innovation grant recipients:
- Jennifer Quinn, Mt. View 2nd Grade, for flexible Chromebook Seating.
- Josh Jordan, Junior High Band Director and Music teacher, for “Makey Makey” invention kits to support STEAM integration and maker movement principles as part of the Junior High 7th & 8th grade music curriculum.
- Acacia Houck, Senior High Broadcast & Video Production teacher, for 4K video Camera & accessories to provide increased video quality of projects district-wide.
- Brooke Cichocki, Baggaley Elementary Music for Ukuleles for the general music classroom.
Dr. & Mrs. William D. Stavisky Fund grant recipients:
- Teresa Vasinko, Title 1 Coordinator, for the STEMtacular Makeathon summer program which allows students across various grade levels to participate in STEM-based activities.
- Marian Ferlin and Melanie Bartolozzi to support LES Kindergarten Egg-citement Egg-tension 2022 for the incubating and hatching chicks and to expand the program across the three elementary schools.
- Diana Lammert, Latrobe Elementary Librarian, for Building Structures Keva Planks which are used to inspire creativity in all K-6 students by incorporating their use with STEM literature.
- Tim Sheridan, Senior High Band Director, for SEED Training as a peer-facilitator in preparation for leading SEED seminars at GLSD.
Karen & Ron LaPresti Endowed Fund grant recipients:
- Anthony Seranko, Candace Bruno, and Paige Alviani, Mt. View 6th grade, for Rethinking Literacy: Using novel studies to teach reading and cultural literacy for 6th grade.
Annually teachers can apply for classroom grants made possible through donations to GLPIEF. GLPIEF focuses on grantmaking, scholarships and making connections with community partners and alumni. GLPIEF’s mission is to ensure the highest level of education innovation supporting GLSD students, faculty and staff with community involvement in a partnership of lifetime learning through philanthropic and volunteer opportunities. To learn more visit: glpief.org.